Monday, November 09, 2009

And now, a toast!

Today this blog is exactly two years old, and to mark the occasion, I popped open a whole bottle of champaign all for myself.  
So, here's to me! (gank...gank...gank...gank...)

This oddball illustration, created in 1955 for an LP of Disney songs by the Lawrence Welk Orchestra, bubbles over with cut-out paper heads glued to a painted background board (Yup, that's Davy Crockett there, but did you recognize Captain Nemo?!)  I love the way this artwork tickles my nose.

"ah-one and ah-two..."

11 comments:

Daveland said...

Congrats Kevin! I always look forward to your fantastic posts.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Happy Anniversary Kevin. Thanks for all the great posts and insite to Disney Magic. Appreciated as always, Richard.

Michael said...

Strangely, I did recognize Nemo - in fact, it was the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture. Maybe I have instant Nemo recognition from the Disneyland Records read-along 45.

The Welk-Disney synergy amuses me. Not long ago, I caught one of his old specials that was nothing but Disney music and song-and-dance numbers. It was captivating and terrifying.

Congrats on the anniversary, and as Lawrence would say, "thank yeh boys".

Matterhorn1959 said...

Kevin- congrats on the anniversary. Keep up the great work (both on this blog and on your artwork!)

TokyoMagic! said...

Happy second anniversary to you, Kevin!!!

Hans Perk said...

Happy two year!
--Hans

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks for two years of amazing posts!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Congrats Kevin! Hey, my 2 year blog anniversary is today! (Great minds...) Your blog is amazing, your art work is stellar, your comments area witty and charming - Hey are you actually a Disney character? lol..

Keep up the great work Kevin!

Matt said...

Time sure flies when you're having fun, I know I have a great time reading your posts and look forward to many more.

Jimmy said...

Happy Anniversary Kevin. If I were there we'd pop open another bottle of bubbles and listen to some Lawrence Welk to celebrate.

Unknown said...

Congrats brother!! It only gets better with age!