Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ninth Day of Dasara!
Paper Sculpture Illustration by Kevin Kidney
This smiling Indian elephant is being decked out for the Hindu fall festival Dasara.  It's a new piece I completed for a little group show at the LAGUNA COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN.  The show also includes some amazing new works by Jody Daily and Jason Bahret!

Artists' Reception Tonight  (Thurs Nov 6)  6 to 9PM.

The show is open to everybody through December 8, 2008 in LCAD's Ettinger Gallery.

2222 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92561
(949) 376-6000
www.lagunacollege.edu/

Mon– Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-4 Closed Sunday
Free Admission  - and parking is free, too!

8 comments:

John Rozum said...

My hat is off to you. That is an amazing piece; beautiful color choices, great composition, style and technique. Congratulations.

Matt Jones said...

Beautiful paper sculpture Kevin-thnx for getting back to me on the Searle issue too.

Major Pepperidge said...

So appealing... since Disney seemed to think that "It's a Small World" needed updating, I wish they had asked you to design the new scenes!

Thierry Cattant said...

Beautiful paper work, your shapes and colors are so nice.

Drew Shipe said...

This is elegant and playful. You make paper sculpture look so easy. I am in awe.

Jimmy said...

Hey Kevin, this piece is Y-U-M-M-Y! I love the colors and the characters.

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

It makes me think of Paul Klee. The same childlike and at the same time philosophical sense of poetry.

Sagar said...

I am from Mysore, India. I found this while searching for photos of Dasara festival on google images.

Believe me, this is one of the best illustration of Dasara festival I have seen so far. The essence of Dasara has been captured very well. Amazing work!